Job: Casino Cook – Part Time
Job Purpose: This position would require you to work in the Casino Kitchen producing food that complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures. You would be responsible for the proper rotation and monitoring of stock as well as assisting with food orders and inventory. You would ensure compliance with food and kitchen related safety and health regulations. All ingredients and necessary components for menu items to be prepared would be organized at the beginning and end of your shift, making sure that the shift following yours would be properly prepped. Keeping the Kitchen and equipment clean would also be part of your responsibilities
Qualifications: Must have or have to ability to get Food Safe and Serving it Right Certificate. Previous cooking experience would be an advantage.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with balanced listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, keeping others informed
• Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team by being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, loyal, interacts with others tactfully, resolves conflicts appropriately, and adapts to change.
• Demonstrated accountability by planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with team Member policies and procedures, and has a willingness to learn
• Demonstrates a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization
• Knowledge of functions and promotions of the St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino and knowledge of the surrounding area
• Ability to accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking
• The ability to determine which kitchen equipment or tools should be used for which jobs, with the ability to operate the equipment or tools in a safe manner
Conditions of Employment: Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work late night shifts, weekends, as well as federal and civic holidays. It will also be necessary to apply for receive and maintain a Gaming License from GPEB. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time. You must be 19 years or older in order to work in the Casino.
Application Process: St. Eugene offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is April 20, 2017 at 12:00 Noon. Applications may be submitted by fax, email, or mail to:
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 420-2001
Please insert “Casino Cook” into subject line of email