Job: Head Chef
This position requires a hands-on managing Chef who would lead the Culinary team by Training and Teaching Others
Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions. Menu design and creation
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Coaching and Developing Others
Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Developing and Building Teams
Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Monitoring and Controlling Resources
Monitoring and controlling resources such as inventory, food and labour cost control.
– Red Seal
– Requires a minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience.
– Requires a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a Resort, Restaurant or Hotel.
• Ability to develop, cultivate and lead a team
• Ability to schedule staff according to service requirements
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with balanced listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, keeping others informed
• Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team by being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, loyal, interacts with others tactfully, resolves conflicts appropriately, and adapts to change.
• Demonstrated accountability by planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with team Member policies and procedures, and has a willingness to learn
• Demonstrates a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization
• Knowledge of functions and promotions of the St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino and knowledge of the surrounding area
• Higher knowledge of food and beverage
• Ability to accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking
• The ability to display creativity in food preparation and presentation
Conditions of Employment:
You must be able to endure frequent bending, lifting, stooping, standing and walking. Some heavy lifting and carrying of objects is required. Must have the ability to apply for and maintain a GPEB licence. Employees should be prepared to work in an indoor and outdoor climate with varying degrees of temperature. You must be flexible to work both evenings and morning shifts, holidays and weekends.
St. Eugene offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is December 13, 2016 by 12 PM. Applications may be submitted by in person to Human Resources fax, or email
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5Fax: (250) 489-2009
Please quote Executive Chef in the body of the email.
This competition may be used to create an eligibility list for permanent, term and acting positions.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.