Job: House Person Part Time
Under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor and in accordance with schedule requirement, this position performs a variety of heavy and light duties associated with the care and cleaning of the Resort complex. Duties will include:
Driving a shuttle bus (small van) and performance of some bellman tasks; Cleaning of guest and staff washrooms; Cleaning of halls and all public areas including walls, windows, elevators; Shampooing and vacuuming carpeted areas; Sweeping and mopping uncarpeted areas; Cleaning and upkeep of staff areas; Receiving and distribution of all housekeeping supplies ordered; Sending and receiving laundry; Sending and receiving of dry cleaning (staff and guests); Washing of laundry (Napkins, rags, shower curtains); Pool area – checking to make sure it stays clean and towels are picked up in the evening; Handling of Lost and Found items – return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office;Assisting the front desk by taking guest requested items up to the guest rooms (such as towels, batteries for remotes etc).
Must have (or the ability to obtain) a valid class 4 British Columbia Driving licence in good standing in order to drive the shuttle van. WHMIS training would be considered an asset. Experience would be an advantage; however we would be willing to train
- Demonstrate a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department, or organization
- Have the mathematical skills necessary to accurately measure cleaning fluids and chemicals
- Need to know how to use cleaning solutions safely so they do not harm themselves or others.
- Have the ability to determine the tools and equipment need to do a job and be able to effectively operate and control the equipment.
Be able to follow direction and procedures and/or ask for clarification in order to achieve set cleaning standards.
- Be able to drive a small van in a safe and careful manner.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to bend, crouch, and Kneel and stand and walk for extended periods of time. You must be flexible in hours and be available to work weekends and holidays.
Application Process: Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of applications is June 1, 2015 by 12 Noon. Applications may be submitted by fax, email, or mail to:
St. Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 489-2009
Please quote “House Person” in the subject line of the email
This competition may be used to create an eligibility list for permanent, term and acting positions.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted