Job: Seasonal Steward
The role of the Steward is to provide fast and effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils, dishware glassware and pots, and to ensure the kitchen area remains clean and tidy. Once the dishes, pots and pans have been cleaned, the Steward must make sure they have been properly stored and organized so that other kitchen workers will have immediate access to them. When working the closing shift the Steward is responsible for taking out the garbage and making sure it is secure inside of the Dumpsters. You would also be required to sweep floors, mop and make sure the dish-washing area is clean neat and organized. You would make sure no food scraps are left on the cabinets, sinks, tables or dish-washing equipment. All food areas would be wiped down and sanitized.
Stewards have to make sure they observe all of the food-safety requirements established by this organization. At times, Stewards are called on to assist the cook with certain procedures and techniques regarding food preparation and service. You would provide service and attention to the back storage areas, as well as the coolers and freezers.
Must have a Food Safe Certificate, WHIMIS certificate is considered an asset. Previous experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates a high level of Guest Focus by striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant and making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than self, department or organization
- Demonstrated accountability by planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways of doing things, demonstrates ability to follow instructions, maintains appropriate appearance, complies with team Member policies and procedures, and has a willingness to learn
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team by being helpful, respectful, approachable and is team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, loyal, interacts with others tactfully, resolves conflicts appropriately, and adapts to change
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safe and sanitation procedures
- Ability to adhere to a cleaning schedule
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling such as oven cleaner and general cleaning solutions, that help sanitize a kitchen area
Conditions of Employment:
A Steward should be able to bend, kneel or stoop, so they can pick up items such as loads of dishes and other kitchen tools, machinery and food preparation equipment. A Steward must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds during the course of the day; equipment is available for heavier loads. Stewards must be able to tolerate the heat when dish-washing machines are running Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Consideration will be given to those submitting a cover letter and an updated resume clearly stating how they meet the qualifications. Deadline for receipt of application is July 15, 2015 by 12:00 Noon. Applications may be submitted by fax, email, or mail to:
Eugene Golf, Resort & Casino
7777 Mission Road
Cranbrook BC, V1C 7E5
Fax: (250) 489-2009
(Please quote Steward in the subject line)
This competition may be used to create an eligibility list for permanent, term and acting positions.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.